When it rains, it pours. I am soooo glad that Jonathan is coming home tomorrow. I don't think I can do this single parenthood much longer. Yesterday was a rough day. Emma had a softball game at noon. It was extremely hot and Emma was hard on herself because she's not the most natural athlete (imagine that!) She struck out several times and she knows that she is stuck in the outfield for a reason. I'm glad she tried it and I think she's enjoying it, but she has a lot to learn. Anyways, her team won 13-2, so she was happy about that. The boys managed to cover themselves in dirt from head to toe.
Most of you know already that Owen was diagnosed with ADHD last fall by a psychiatrist. He did so well in school, so we have held off on medication. His behavior really seemed to improve for a few months. Well, now he's back to his old ways. He needs constant structure and I can not do that all summer. He is constantly on the go - he can not physically sit still. (As I type this, he is standing on his head on the couch) After many discussions, we decided to try meds. So I take him to the pediatrician on Friday, thinking I'd walk away with a prescription in hand. Before they give me that, he has to have an EKG. So, I have to take him to get that done and then it takes a few weeks to get the results read by a pediatric cardiologist. Aaaaahhhhhh! I don't know if we'll make it a few more weeks. I wonder if I can bribe the cariologists to get it done ASAP?!
After Emma's game, we came home and did nothing all night. The kids fought with one another and with me all night. I ended my night by realizing that somebody (hmmmm, Owen?!) had peed in the trashcan in the bathroom. I'm not talking ...oops I missed the toilet. I'm talking full blown, let's see how much this trash can can hold! What in the world?! So after an admission, Owen had to scrub out and clean the garbage can. I think he cried for almost 2 hours before he finally settled down and went to bed. It was a crazy night! I was glad when everyone was in bed.
My luck continues today. Emma has a fever of 101. She never runs a fever over 100, so I'm afraid that she really is sick. I pray that she gets over it quick and doesn't pass it on to anybody else. At this moment, Logan fell asleep on the couch without eating dinner. Cross your fingers that we are all healthy before Saturday!
Thanks for letting me vent! Sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ouch! I am feeling for you. When it rains it does pour. I don't think I could do the single parent thing either. I love being home with the girls, sometimes, I feel like I never get a break. I hope she is feeling better.
Post a Comment