Monday, June 30, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes!


Emma and her softball medal

Emma's German souvenir

Owen and his firetruck

Logan loving Lucy

Whew...today was much better. In fact it was a great day! Emma was feeling much better. No fever today - just a little bit of a cold. Sounds like the exact same thing her friend had last week, so let's hope that's it. Even if the boys get it, they should be fine by Saturday. If not...we'll be stocking up on Motrin.
Jonathan made it home today! We were so happy to see him. Emma made him some welcome home banners and the boys practically pounced on him. He had a good trip and he brought everyone some great souvenirs. He always brings some kind of candy for the kids, so they started their sugar rush as soon as he opened his suitcase. He brought me a bottle of wine and some fine chocolates - he knows what my week was like (and he wants to travel again! :) He brought us all a neat little wooden figurine. I'm sure there's some fancy name for them - but they are intricate little wooden toys. He brought the boys little fire trucks, and Emma and I got these little windmills. They are beautiful!
Emma had her softball party at Cici's Pizza. The coach had some nice things to say about her and asked her to play again next year. I thinik that's all she needed to hear and she'll give it another try next season.

But...the best part of my day was a call from my dear cousin Leanne. For those of you who don't know her, she was like a sister to me growing up. We spent a lot of time together - playing and fighting during our childhood (Right Aunt June?!). Well, she started her own blog page with some exciting news. I've put a link to her page on here - so go check it out! Thanks Leanne - that was the icing on the cake today!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad everyone is back to normal. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we all remain healthy now too. I can't have any germs this week. :)