Does an MRI count towards Mommy time? I guess it does - no screaming children, laying in a huge donut machine, listening to music?! That's how I started my day. After I dropped the kids of at the sitters and Emma told me that I always leave them and that she wants a "normal" summer, I went for an MRI of my ankle. I broke it 17 years ago playing softball and it has been giving me a lot of pain lately. I finally broke down and went to a specialist and discovered that I have post tramatic stress arthritis - or as my father tells me...I am old. The doctor's say that my joint looks like that of an 80 year old - that it's practically bone on bone. He sent me for the MRI to see if there is anything that he can do. He says I'm too young for an ankle transplant (What the?!) and he doesn't want to have to fuse it (my father in law says I would be a zombie!) until last resort. So basically, I'm stuck with this thing for many years and will probably have to suck it up - oh well, such is life!
Anyways, after the MRI, I took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda and they enjoyed it. We came home, ate dinner (although I thought about just letting them have popcorn for dinner), and they went to Bible School. I went and treated myself to my very first pedicure ever! I have lived a sheltered life, I know, but I figure with all of these doctors looking at my ankle, I might as well make it look a little nicer. So, I loved it and am looking forward to going again in a few weeks.
The kids are really learning things at VBS. This morning I overheard the boys playing. Logan was shouting, "I am Jesus! I am Jesus" and he was curing Owen's blindness. (That was their lesson last night). What a hoot! Well, got to go get the angels. Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment