Saturday, July 19, 2008
Sleepless Night
I was getting ready to go to bed last night and was checking my email...when up popped breaking news: 7.0 magnitude earthquake hits Japan: Tsunami warnings issued!!! So, before I started to panic, I tried to find more information and of course I couldn't. Didn't Fox, and CNN know my husband was there?! Geez! Finally around 1:30 I had found enough information to think that Tokyo was fairly safe and headed to bed. I had emailed Jonathan and told him to email me ASAP, but I knew it was in the middle of the day there and he wouldn't have access until late at night. I woke up this morning after waking several times and checking the computer and still nothing. I called the hotel to find that it was still standing and figured he was alright. He called us this morning - without even checking email - just to check in. He said he knew there was an earthquake, but he didn't feel it. He had no idea that it would have made the news here and just laughed about it! Boy...talk about a sick feeling. Anyways...for those of you who may have heard about the earthquake, Jonathan is fine and safe and having a good time in Tokyo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would have paniced too! Brad has been out on the Potomac several times when there have been bad storms. Once it even turned out to be a tornado. I thought for sure his boat had capsized. I am glad he is alright. Only a few more days and he will be back home!
Post a Comment