For those of you who don't know who the Jonas Brothers are....they are the boy band of the tween generation. In my time, they were the New Kids on the Block..and going back furtther, the Monkees or the Beatles. If you want to hear some screaming, just mention the Jonas Brothers to any girl between the age of 7 and 15. So, Emma and I had tickets to see them at Hersheypark yesterday. It was just a girls day. We dropped the boys off at the grandparents house and headed straight for Hersheypark Friday morning. We spent a few hours in the park (with a million other people) before we headed to the concert. It was nice - just the two of us. We don't get to spend a lot of time alone together - so we made the most of it.
We headed over the the stadium around 5:00 and hung out watching thousands of girls (and their moms) waiting for the concert. We stopped by the souvenir tent and Emma transformed herself into an even bigger fan - from JB shorts to a hat and a t-shirt. So, with my pocket quite a bit emptier, we headed into the stadium. We found our seats and were pretty pleased. We were in the first section next to the stage. I was afraid if we had gotten the floor seats she wouldn't have been able to see - and I was right. We had a great view of the stage and it was neat to see Hersheypark lit up in the background. It was a beautiful evening - not too hot.
While we were sitting there waiting for the show to begin, the Jonas Brothers went by on their segways to the meet and greet tent - which happened to be in perfect view from our seats. So we ran like everyone else to get a glimpse of the dreamy brothers. We were able to see them when they came out of the tent and made their get away. It was pretty funny - a bunch of screaming kids and their mothers - I don't know who was more into it!
Anyways, the concert was great. We got to see Demi Lavato open up for them, as well as Avril Lavigne. Emma enjoyed them both and I enjoyed spending time with her (and reliving my New Kids on the Block days!) It took us two hours to get out of the parking lot, so we didn't get home until 2:00 in the morning. Now we get to do it again in August with a bunch of her friends! Can't wait!
their get away!
A Few Concert Pictures







2 comments:
Oh, the days of New Kids on the Block. I loved them, and did go to a concert, had their posters all over my bedroom walls, which I will not let me kids do, and can't believe my mom allowed that, and listened to all of their music. How fun to relive those days. I am glad you had some quality girl time with Emma. I am sure she enjoyed it too.
I saw the NKOTB twice!! I also had posters, but I have let my girls plaster their walls with posters!!JOnas, hannah, HSM!!! Cant wait for the concert, the girls are going to have so much fun.
Post a Comment