Thursday, July 17, 2008

Alone Again!

Well, we are on our own again. Jonathan left for Tokyo yesterday morning and will be gone till late Tuesday night. It seems to get harder and harder each time he leaves. Sometimes I think I'm speaking a different language because my children do not listen to me at all!!! I sometimes wonder where we went wrong. I have little patience left - especially for Owen's behavior. I pray that we are able to medicate him and that it helps him. He scares me sometimes - his favorite sayings are "I hate you" and "You're stupid". I am at a loss as to what to do. I have tried ignoring, time outs, spankings, a sticker chart,etc; Of course, Logan is starting to repeat the things that Owen says - I just don't know what to do!!! Hopefully when he goes back to school, the structure and routine will help get him back on track. Any suggestions...I am open to them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call SuperNanny! I think she's a miracle worker! Sorry you're having such a rough time. Do you have any summer programs in your area that you can sign him up for? Maybe a military school? :)Jessica goes to a summer playground camp for 3 hours a day. They play, do crafts, go on fieldtrips, etc. Maybe staying in the 'school-like' schedule will help him. Good Luck.

Shannon said...

Hey Kim,
That is so hard to believe. I remember him saying nothing. He was so quiet. It has to be even more frustrating because you are a teacher. Maybe a camp or routine like program during the rest of the summer would be helpful for both of you. I think I would go crazy if Brad had to travel for work. I don't know how single parents do it.