We had a beautiful weekend in PA. We got to spend time with family and celebrate Jonathan's birthday. We had a nice lunch with Memaw, Pepaw, Brett, Katie, Connor, and Maisie on Saturday afternoon. We then went to the pumpkin patch. Not only did we get some big pumpkins, I got some nice photos! The boys picked the biggest pumpkins I think we have ever had. After we visited with the McElwains, we headed to Nana and Pops for some family time. The kids had fun riding in Pop's wagon and they picked even more pumpkins in Dad's little pumpkin patch! My friend Kate made the treck to my parents to show off her beautiful new baby Elliott and her precious little girl, Bethany. She's a pro - loading up two kids, one week post partum, and driving 45 minutes to see an old friend for just a little while. Thanks Kate! I miss you and wish I could see you guys more often! It meant a lot that you would drive all that way, spend a little time with us, and then head back out. Thank you!
Jonathan and I went out for a nice dinner, while the kids stayed with the grandparents. Emma made a birthday cake for Daddy with Memaw and Pepaw's help. The boys went on a wagon ride with Pop and Nana and had a bonfire. We then got to have breakfast with Nathan, Cara, Madison, Ethan, and Grandma. It was wonderful seeing everybody. We get so busy with our lives down here - it's just nice to slow down and spend a peaceful weekend with friends and family. It was great to be home!
Indy in the pumpkin patch.

Maisie checking out the pumpkins.

Connor and Owen - looking for a BIG pumpkin!

All of the McElwain cousins - what a cute shot!

Hitching a ride on Pop's wagon.

Aaahh...this is the life!

Daddy - getting a little help with his candles.

Emma made Daddy this special carrot cake.

Elliott Joseph - so sweet and peaceful.

Emma being a baby hog!

2 comments:
Sounds like a great trip home! Gotta love the pumpkin patch and wagon rides . . .just feels like home!
Happy Birthday Jonathan!
You're a dork! I had fun! Thanks for the pics - I used the first one to send out!! I owe you for your photography services!!
Post a Comment