Posing in front of the giant scarecrow
Emma...thrilled to have her picture taken...again.
I'm not sure why his belly is hanging out?! He's just a ham!
Mommy and Owen - enjoying the hayride.
Okay...look at the stem on Owen's pumpkin. He posed with it like that on purpose. Such a boy!
My little daredevil!
We made our annual trip to Belvedere Plantation today. It's a tradition...we've been going since Emma was 9 months old. We always go on the weekend as a family. The kids also go with Ms. Beth and the preschool, so Logan and I will be headed there for a field trip on Friday. Owen's boy scout troop is also going there Friday night to do the corn maze at night - so needless to say, Belvedere is getting plenty of money from us this season! Anyways, we had a good time. It's kind of sad though...the kids really are getting big. None of them wanted their picture taken (although that didn't stop me!!!) - "Come on Mom...this is dumb!" was a famous quote. Emma didn't even want to go out to the pumpkin patch!!! What was she thinking...I always get good photos out there!?! Owen didn't want to feed the animals - too bad!!! When did they get too big? Ug! It was rather depressing to look through the old photos and see how much everybody had grown. This was the first year we went to the pumpkin patch without a diaper bag or stroller - definitely a free feeling, but still bittersweet. My babies are growing up and I can't stop it. For all of you new moms out there...be sure to savor every second of those baby moments. For all of you moms whose babies are grown...how do you do it?! I think it's really hitting me that Logan is almost 4. There's something about that milestone- it just makes me sad. Emma is growing up so fast...she was just voted to student council, she's on the SMART Team (Technology Team) at school and she's trying out for Art talks to become a junior docent this week. These are the things that the older students always do...and now she's one of them! After next year, she'll be on to middle school. I'm so used to knowing what's going on and always being there...I know middle school is right around the corner. Owen is reading at an amazing rate and still amazes me with his math skills. He is looking so mature and grown up. I feel like I blinnked and the kids are no longer babies. Well, thanks for letting me get that out. Got to hug my "babies"!
No comments:
Post a Comment