Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We have been busy the past few days. We are having computer trouble, so I haven't been able to post anything. Jonathan was able to sign on to his computer, so I will try to post a few pictures later.

Last week, we went to Williamsburg to see all of the decorations. Memaw and Pepaw were down, so they went with us. It was a beautiful day and kids enjoyed walking around Colonial Williamsburg.

Yesterday we took the kids to the American History Museum in DC. We rode the metro - Logan's choice. He got up in the mornng and put on his Thomas train because we were "riding the train" - duh! It was quite precious. Anyways, I think the kids had more fun on the metro than anything. Owen would try to stand up without holding on. He only fell a few times - one time coming within inches of hitting his head on the bar - I don't know how we would have explained that one to the doctor! :) We always have high hopes for museums. I don't know when we will learn. Owen was really into it - almost too in to things. He is just like Jonathan. He could look at things forever!!! Emma and I are not as patient, and of course Logan had little to no interest - he just wanted to get back on he train. The museum was insanely crowded, so once we finally made it out of there, we headed next door to eat lunch at the Natural History Museum. (The American History museum just opened after being closed for 3 years and isn't completely finished). We dropped $70 on lunch for hot dogs and chicken fingers. Good thing the museums are free! Anyways, we walked back to the metro in 50 mph winds! It was so cold - especially compared to the 65 degree days we've been having. We got on the metro and headed home. Logan was happy again and Owen was back to his daredevil ways. Looking back, we DID have fun, although it didn't seem like it at the time. At least we can laugh at what morons we are! Ha! Ha! When the kids are older, we will take more advantage of all the wonderful things DC has to offer.

We had promised the kids that they could stay up late until midnight last night. So, we went out for a late dinner to help keep them awake. We came home and did our confetti poppers and got ready for the new year. They managed to drive us crazy every second of the evening - what were we thinking?! We had confetti strewn from one end of the house to the other and Owen was totally out of control! Emma was happy to watch the Jonas Brothers on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve and Logan was the most subdued out of all of them. He couldn' stand all of the confetti, so he got out the dust buster and tried to clean it up - what a good boy! Anyways, the new year came in and the kids were like..."that's it?!" and we were like "yeah...now go to bed!!!" We finally got them settled around 12:30 and decided they would not be staying up late next year! Jonathan and I like our quiet time.

This morning, Logan was up at 7:30 - guess he didn't want to sleep in. We've had a pretty lazy day. One funny story - just don't tell Emma I told it - she and Jonathan were working on her pine wood derby car and she went upstairs to look for something. Next thing I know, she was screaming...I mean like somebody was dead screaming!!! I heard bump, bump, bump and the screaming continued. Then Owen joined in the screaming and at this point, I was really scared. She couldn't stop screaming long enough to tell me what was wrong. I thought one of the cats was dead - she finally got it out that somebody was in the boys' room. I slowly walked up the stairs - scared out of my mind - to see a concerned Logan standing at the top of the stairs trying to see what was going on. I did what every concerned mother would do - I laughed my head off! I laughed so hard, I couldn't stop crying. She says she hurt her ankles when she jumped from the top step - and I still couldn't stop laughing. Luckily Jonathan had a little sympathy while I composed myself. So...if you ever need an actress to do some screaming for you...call Emma!

One more bit of good news - Dad is home! He came home yesterday and the thing he is happiest about - he gets to watch Penn State in the Rose Bowl. He did very well and he admits that it is going to be a long road ahead...but I am so proud of him. I just can't wait until we get to see him and celebrate. Way to go Dad!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year!

No comments: