Monday, November 3, 2008
Thankfully...soccer season ends!
Have I mentioned what a terrible soccer season Owen has had? He had a teenager coaching his team this season. I thought wow, what a nice thing to do-volunteer and teach kids about soccer. None of the parents stood up to take over, so we couldn't really say anything. Well, now that the season is over, I am going to say something!!! Owen's poor team did not learn a thing this year. I don't know much about soccer, but I do know that you put the kids in a postiion. These kids just ran around the field wherever they pleased. In Owen's league, there are no goalies. Well on Owen's team, there were two or three kids in the goal at a time - and we still lost every game! They played hard, but never won. The coach would show up late for practice every week and we were lucky if she showed up for games. Sometimes she would send out an email the day of a game, telling us that she wouldn't be there. Luckily a lot of the parents stood up and stepped in. (I even started a few practices...scary!) The boys had their last game on Saturday. Our coach showed up wearing pajama pants and red, fuzzy slippers!!! She looked ridiculous. I was so embarassed watching her run up and down the field chasing the kids in her pajamas. Anyways, it was quite a season. So tonight, we had the perfect ending with our end of the season party. Owen started out with a migraine (which seems to be a common occurence these days). We get to CiCi's and there is a spirit night, and two other teams having end of the year parties. It was so loud and so crowded - and true to form - our coach didn't even come! We all laughed - it was so typical of the season. Anyways, poor Owen didn't eat a thing. He came home and went straight to bed. I think he'll be trying baseball in the spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment