Hi everyone! We had a fantastic week at the beach! I think it was our best vacation ever. The kids were great (98 percent of the time), the weather was beautiful, everyone got along, and we just truly enjoyed being with family. We didn't have one drop of rain the entire week. I felt a little out of it because we didn't have the internet. It amazes me how addicted to technology we have become. It was hard to be away from the computer...but maybe that helped us to have a relaxing week. It was quite humorous though...Jonathan needed to get something downloaded for work, so we headed to a Starbucks one night after the kids were in bed. When we got there, they were closed, so we drove up and down the coastal highway looking for a wi-fi signal. I would hit the refresh button every few seconds until we finally got a signal! It was so late and I was exhausted, so I didn't feel like posting a new message in the car, in the parking lot. So...here we are!
We really did have a wonderful week. Emma and Owen got into boogie boarding. They have had the boards the past few years, but they usually just played with them at the edge of the water. This year, they got into the water and rode the waves in. Owen had little fear and no problems doing it. Emma was brave, but whenever she thought a big wave was coming, she would run for the shore! It was quite funny. Logan was content digging holes in the sand. He liked it when Daddy would take him out in the water (and Mommy would stand at the edge telling them to not go out so far!). He would get his second wind after lunch and start running in circles near the edge of the water. He especially had a good time with his cousin Connor. I really hope they grow up to be as close as my cousin Leanne and I were. There were six months between us and we were more like sisters. Connor and Logan have 9 months between them and they have a love-hate relationship. It was neat watching them interact and play together.
It was so nice to spend time with everyone. It was especially nice to watch our niece Maisie. She has such a personality! She is the happiest, most delightful baby I think I have ever met. She is so precious and we enjoyed every second spent with her.
We are so blessed to have three beautiful children and a wonderful supportive family. Thank you Memaw, Pepaw, Brett, Katie, Connor and Maisie for a beautiful vacation. We had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment