Thursday, August 14, 2008
Halleluia!
We have meds!!!!! Owen and Emma had their check ups today and I swore I would not leave that office without a prescription in hand. Dr. Loving, our pediatrician, is such an understanding and caring doctor. She has seen us since Owen was a baby and has listened to our struggles. She was never judgemental and never made us seem like it was our fault (although we blame ourselves for a lot!) that Owen was having difficulties. So when I told her the process we had been through this summer with the EKG and all of the tests, she knew we were ready. I told her that I had been reading about different meds and I knew of some of my former students that had used certain ones - and had success with, so she wrote me that prescription. I skipped out of the office and drove directly to CVS. Tomorrow morning Owen will take his first pill. We've been practicing swallowing tic tacs, so hopefully he will be fine. I know it's not going to be a quick fix and I'm not excpecting a miracle. I just hope that it will help him a bit, and in return our family will be less stressed. We have struggled with this decision and we certainly don't want Owen's personality to change. It just feels like we fight all day long, every day. If he's not standing on the couch, he's standing on a chair. Or he's standing on his head on the couch and falling all over the place. The child can't walk anywhere without falling or tripping. He is an amazing boy...I just want everybody else who meets him to see that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you finally got them, I hope this helps!
Post a Comment