Well, it's been a few days since vacation and I think we have finally recovered. It's always so hard to adjust to reality after a week of relaxing on the beach. Not to mention getting used to not eating ALL the time!
The kids started fighting immediately in the car on the way home and it hasn't stopped. I was amazed at how kind my kids were to Connor and Maisie last week (well, most of the time). I just wish that they could be half as nice to their siblings. Today in the car, Owen hit Logan in the face with a cup and gave him a black eye (not horrible, but bad enough). Emma and Owen are constantly hitting, kicking, spitting, yelling, or annoying each other. I know, I know....they're brothers and sister - that's how it is. I remember my father telling Nathan and I to go outside and fight until one of us couldn't come back! I guess I now understand his frustration. I'm being paid back for my childhood I guess.
We haven't been doing too much. Jonathan took the boys to see Wall-E on Sunday, since he hadn't seen it. Emma and I went to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. The movie was great and we had a good time. It's funny - Emma and I can get along so well and have a wonderful time, then ten minutes later, we're ready to hurt one another. Hmmm....who does that remind me of Mom?! Monday, we ran errands and tried to clean up the house. We had a little playdate with some of our friends. The weather has been beautiful, so the kids played outside and the adults just sat and talked. Tuesday I had to take Owen to get his holter from the heart doctor. They hooked him up with a few electrodes and then he carried this little machine pack in his pocket. I was very proud of Owen. He did a great job and took good care of the machine. I was a little nervous. I told the nurse that she was very brave to allow a hyperactive 6 year old to take care of the equipment. I got out of there before I had to sign any waivers or paperwork. Anyways, we wore it and we went back today to get it taken off. They will only call us if they see anything wrong - otherwise, no news is good news. So cross your fingers.
Emma and Owen go for their physicals tomorrow. I am so hoping to walk out of there with a prescription for Owen. I think we have waited long enough. He even said that he hopes medicine will help him calm down. He realizes that things are more difficult for him. He always says that his brain can't help it. He knows that one of his friends from school takes medicine to make him "be good" and when he doesn't take it, he has to flip a card for bad behavior. I really hope that we are doing the right thing and that he will benefit from it. I think the whole family will benefit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment