Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July. We did! It was so nice spending time with family in Pennsylvania. No matter what, it will always be home. We certainly don't get there often enough, but it sure is nice when we do.

The kids did their annual blueberry picking at Memaw and Pepaw's house. Now they are begging me to make a blueberry pie. I'm sure it won't be as good as Memaw's, but I will certainly try.
We also met up with my cousin Leanne and her three beautiful girls. The kids had a blast playing on the playground and then we enjoyed lunch together. Unfortunately Rachel got sick and had to go home early, but it was still nice spending time with them. It amazes me how quickly the kids pick up their relationships with their cousins and second cousins. Although we only see each other a few times a year, they always act like such good friends.

The fireworks were great this year. They were everywhere! Pop and Daddy put on a good show and we enjoyed sitting in Pepaw's truck watching the Stewartstown fireworks.
We celebrated Nana's birthday with Ethan and Madison and enjoyed Nana and Pop's new fish pond. The kids went with Nana and each picked out two fish. They love looking for their fish each time we go there.

We missed Brett and Katie, Connor and Maisie this 4th. They were visiting family in Boston, but we're looking forward to a week at the beach with them. Emma and Owen are taking a summer engineering camp (I know...they are geeks!) this week. They go every afternoon and Logan and I get a little one on one time. Emma wasn't too thrilled, but I think she will enjoy it. The camp is all about building bridges - Uncle Brett will be proud! Owen is always full of a million questions whenever we cross a bridge, so hopefully he will learn something from it. Next week Emma goes to drama camp - yes, we are paying for her to learn to be more dramatic...can you believe it?
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Enjoy a few of our pictures. I got some really cute ones this time. It was hard to pick...but here you go!
Kasey stepped right up and posed with the kids. I love this shot! He looks like he is smiling right along with them. I don't think I could have posed them any better!
Logan showing off the blueberries that he picked.
My nephew Ethan hanging out at Nana and Pops. He is so handsome and getting so big!
Emma and Jessica hanging out at the park!
A group shot at the park
Emma with a lily that she picked at Nana and Pop's.
I know it is a matter of time until he falls in the pond. He is fascinated with water!
So precious! Madison loves Kasey!
Nana is so proud of her grandkids!
The boys looking for trouble!
Madison is right there with them!
A great shot of the cousins...this is what life is all about!
Happy 4th of July!
Owen showing off the blueberries he picked.
Emma showing her patriotism.
Daddy and Logan...skateboarding fun!

No comments: